Bernd

Default Ultimate Workshop?

"Backlash" wrote in message
Well, today's a snow (ice) day for me, so let's see if I can get a

good
discussion going about shop design and construction In building a
workshop/garage, in which metalwork, machining, mechanical repairs,

auto
repair, and in a separate partition, woodwork is to be performed,

what
materials and type of construction would you guys use, and why?

If you're in a climate that needs heat in the winter I would suggest a
radiant floor heat. There is nothing worse than having a floor that is
cold while working on a vehicle. I know. I have radiant floor heating
in the house but not in the garage. I can warm the garage with a
heater but the floor is still cold. All you would need would be a
water heater and circulating pump. And like "jim" said lot's of power.
I'd go for a 200 amp service.
Hopefully I'll be able to build my shop in the next couple of years.
Right now the basement is being used as a shop. Check out my web site.

www.kingstonemodeleng.com

Regards,
Bernd