Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jah213@gmail.com is offline

Default Before I tear apart this faucet...

Thanks so much to everyone who responded here! I went to the website
and although it did not have the information I needed (I think this is
kind of an old faucet), I was able to email Peerless and they responded
with detailed schematics and instructions for fixing the faucet.

Wish me luck -- my first plumbing repair

Jo Ann
PS: And thanks for the reminder to cover the drain, too!

wrote:
...I need some opinions. I have a leaking faucet in the tub. It's a
single handle, Peerless model. I have been leery of trying to fix it
because from what I've seen in my reading, it's hard to tell what I
might run into in the faucet. I know zip about doing this and don't
want to end up disabling it altogether!

One of the sewer guys who was here working the other day (yes, the
house is fraught with plumbing woes right now) eyeballed it and told me
it's "...the easiest kind to fix. You just take off the handle and
you'll find two little springs and two rubber washers. You need to
replace the rubber washers."

What do you guys think? Given that I have never repaired any faucet in
any way, am I more likely to be able to fix it or to end up destroying
it and having no shower until I call a plumber?

Jo Ann