Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] kellyj00@gmail.com is offline

Default Bathtub wall replacing

lol... Outdated tile in a tub surround?
Hell, I have some 40 year old ceramic in my tub surround... off-white
with green dots... Find curtains to match that. ;-)

Y'all wanna talk about hacks? I just painted the tile and tub (needed
refinished and new tile) with oil-based gloss white (4 coats, no
primer). The idea was to seal it for a while until I can afford to
replace them, and to cover over that horribly disgustingly ancient
pattern that was on the ceramic. The reality is, the tub looks and
acts like new... the tile looks exceptional...as good a white ceramic
with white grout.

Who knows, sometimes we hack something together to save a few
bucks...and it ends up better than our wildest expectations..... or at
least better than ugly tile from the 60's.

wrote:
On 3 Nov 2006 08:18:13 -0800, "RicodJour"
wrote:

Justifying your decisions by puffing up the numbers to support your
choice is an art form best left to politicians.

Damn, I like the way you express yourself.

Ken