Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ken Davis Ken Davis is offline

Default new boy!

In article ,
(Leo Lichtman) wrote:

*From:* "Leo Lichtman"
*Date:* Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:19:28 GMT

"Peter Douglas" wrote: (clip)I am in a wheelchair, any tips would
be most welcome, (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Your biggest problem is not being able to lean up and over the
work. One suggested solution would be to mount the lathe low, and
tilted toward you.

Here in the UK, we have a pro turner, Tony Wilson, who turns from a
wheelchair. He has a Hegner with a low stand that he uses for demos.
I've not seen any sign of it being tilted at all. I'll possibly be
seeing him towards the end of November and could ask if he has any
advice - or if he has an e-mail address for you (Peter)to contact him
directly.

He's also a demonstrator/tutor for SilverFast lathes, BTW.

Ken