Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default neighbor built over my property line

"glenn P" wrote in
:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

wrote in message
You'd have to be a complete moron to pour a sidewalk
without knowing for sure, via a survey, where the line is.

Many people make assumptions. You see a fence, so the assumption is
that it is on the property line. Later you want a sidewalk, so you
frame it out to the assumed property line. Dumb or not, it happens
every day. I wonder how many people think they own out to the curb
at the street?

Not many, I sincerely hope, otherwise they'd get an unexpected course
in concrete removal, and turf laying.

Generally,the city/county does the work,and sends the prop.owner a bill for
it,Or they send a letter requiring removal (in 30 days?)with the option of
the city/county doing it and billing the owner.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik