Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Trueman Mark  Trueman is offline

Default Which plastic for my application?

Hi there

Im trying to decide which kind of plastic i need to buy to make a
"belly pan" for a land based buggy. The buggy has a fabric seat that is
suspended in a frame and hangs close to the ground. I need something
that will protect my arse from potential obstacles as well as keeping
the seat dry in wetter conditions.

I need the plastic to be shatter resistant - sharp edges if it cracked
would not be pleasant, relatively flexible so that i can bend it to the
shape of the seat (a deflection of appoximately 1ft over a 3ft
distance) and preferably get it to retain its form when im not sat in
it. Of course, it needs to be a strong as possible.

Availability in a number of colours would be useful too.

Also needs to be relatively easy to cut and drill.

Cheap would be good!!!

Any help would be great

Cheers

Mark