Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Carver Mark Carver is offline

Default What are the characteristics of 13 amp mains flex?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Mark Carver wrote:
Ah, sorry I'm going 'word blind' with all this switching between Betacam
and Betamax :-) Yes, I think Hi Band Betamax used metal tape, but I
don't seem to recall the format was marketed in Europe ?

A pal had one which was UK PAL. In fact he ended up with two - the second
one bought secondhand.

Interesting. No one at Sony Towers can recall a PAL version, like me
they dimly remember it being NTSC only. (We're talking about
HighBand/HQ and not bog standard AFM audio tracks ?)

Oxide Betacam tapes are still available, but more easily obtainable in
NTSC areas, they're used in SP machines, but as SP doesn't offer too
much of an improvement for NTSC, the Yanks save money by using oxide.
However Meridian in Southampton were still using BVW-40s until their
site was closed two years ago.