Ned Simmons

Default Bison chuck quality, (was 5C)

In article ,
says...
In article .net, Boris Beizer
says...

I've dealt with New England Brass and Tool many times. They are nice folk to
deal with and will certainly stand behind the products they sell. I've
bought several Bison chucks from New England and have been delighted with
the value.

I've seen that bison makes an equivelent to the Buck
six jaw, adjust true chuck. There's one guy who sells
them new on ebay, with back plate, for about 560 for
a six inch chuck.

I also know that Buck has been bought out by Forkhard
so maybe there stuff is no longer as good as it was???
Anyway the buck version would be over $1K according
to MSC.

Anyone here purchased and used one of the bison adjust true
six jaws, and how did it work out over the long run?

I bought one for my Feeler "HLV-H" on sale from Enco for
around $360, without backplate. Enco's regular price is
$440. I have a comparable pre-Forkhardt 3-jaw Buck ajust-
tru and a Hardinge branded Buck 4-jaw. Though I haven't had
the chuck long enough to predict how it'll be in the long
term, I can't see any obvious difference in quality between
the Bison and the Bucks.

Ned Simmons