Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dave leader Dave leader is offline

Default What's the best way to sharpen chainsaw blades?

Tom Nie wrote:
Yesterday I spent $26 to have 4 blades sharpened. They've done a fair job
in the past but this time it seemed no time and it was a burnishing tool
Charlie B is our sharpenig guru , I guess, but what do the rest of you
guys do? I've not even watched one being sharpened so I'm as dumb as a rock
on this.

It depends on how bad the chain is. If it's not to bad I touch it up
with a file, you can get them over at Home Desperate. If it's really
bad, HF sells an inexpensive sharpener, wait until it's on sale. Check
the angle against a new blade and read the instructions, it isn't rocket
science.
Dave Leader
--
Volunteer at Claude Moore Colonial Farm (National Park)
http://www.1771.org