Posted to uk.d-i-y
HLAH HLAH is offline

Default B&Q Wind turbines

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

Heavens! I can't remember the last time I used cash for anything. Oh yes,
I can, when Spouse was having his prostatectomy recently and I had to
park every day, twice a day, for nine days. That was a bit of a bummer, I
had to search down the back of all the chairs and in his pockets to find
enough!

Doesn't your hospital have an option to buy a weekly pass? Often cheaper
than the extortionate amount they want per day...

--

Hospital parking charges are a disgrace. At our local hospital you are only
allowed a full refund for repeat visits if your relative is a terminal

When our twins were in the neo-natal unit we could get a charge capped at £2
a day if we had a chit signed and stamped by a medical staff member, nice
having to harass a tired medic for the stamp and nice when we were often
stressed too and then having to get the usually really miserable, and often
absent, security staff to validate it just so we could go home.

£2 a day isn't a lot to see your babies but at £84 for 6 weeks it was a
charge we resented, particularly as the money doesn't go into the coffers of
the Health Trust to help patient care but goes straight into the pockets of
the crony private finance initiative consortium. Why aren't these pfi
investments opened up to local small investors, I would put money in, high
return for apparently zero risk seems better than I can get else where - and
surely Us local patients would be happier about the money flows?