Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default B&Q Wind turbines

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

Heavens! I can't remember the last time I used cash for anything. Oh yes,
I can, when Spouse was having his prostatectomy recently and I had to
park every day, twice a day, for nine days. That was a bit of a bummer, I
had to search down the back of all the chairs and in his pockets to find
enough!

Doesn't your hospital have an option to buy a weekly pass?

No.

Often cheaper than the extortionate amount they want per day...

I didn't begrudge it, it's a privilege. Our hospital fund more than covered
it anyway. Until recently it would have been impossible to find long term
parking so things are better than they used to be. It's an enormous hospital
and growing annually.

The annoying thing is that it's only two miles from home but I'd have to get
two buses to get there and two back, with quite long walks to the bus stops.
It was bad enough making the long hike to the ward from the car park. These
days I can't walk that distance, I used to, pushing prams, when I went to
ante and post natal appointments but that was a long time ago when I was
younger and not arthritic.

On the last day the enormous car park was full, people were queuing to get
in. I drove home, called a mini cab and was back again a few minutes later.

Mary

--
Cheers,

John.