Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default B&Q Wind turbines

"Owain" wrote in message
Andy Hall wrote:
I hate dealing with paper cheques - waste of time.
I don't mind *receiving* them - it's writing them distresses me.

I hate that as well. It's a complete PITA having to make a special
trip to go and pay the damn things in

Just make your mark on the back and post them to me. I'll handle all that
irksome work of paying them in for you and you'll never see them (or the
money...) again.

National Girobank used to provide prepaid envelopes for paying cheques in.
For your cheques, I'd be happy to do the same :-)

Local government employees can still claim an additional 15 minutes'
lunch-break every fortnight to go to the bank,

Really?

Heavens! I can't remember the last time I used cash for anything. Oh yes, I
can, when Spouse was having his prostatectomy recently and I had to park
every day, twice a day, for nine days. That was a bit of a bummer, I had to
search down the back of all the chairs and in his pockets to find enough!

Mary