pyotr filipivich

Default WTF??? Or, adventures in resurrecting an old mill

A city wide blackout at Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:02:16 -0500 did not prevent Bob
Engelhardt from posting to rec.crafts.metalworking
the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:
Parts multiply. There are spare parts
once you're done putting it back together.

Even more true. As I put the mill back together, the number of extra
parts keeps growing. With any luck, when I'm all done I'll have enough
parts for some other machine. The "tunneling" effect somebody
explained. Not only are my parts tunneling to Nebraska, but somebody
else's parts are tunneling to me. I shoulda' paid more attention in my
quantum physics class.

I hadn't heard of this tunneling effect. I just know that each time I put
the same engine back together, I have more extra parts. I was starting to
consider a study to determine how many reassembling I would need before there
would be only extra parts and no engine.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich.