Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

Default Before I tear apart this faucet...

wrote in message
ups.com...
...I need some opinions. I have a leaking faucet in the tub. It's a
single handle, Peerless model. I have been leery of trying to fix it
because from what I've seen in my reading, it's hard to tell what I
might run into in the faucet. I know zip about doing this and don't
want to end up disabling it altogether!

One of the sewer guys who was here working the other day (yes, the
house is fraught with plumbing woes right now) eyeballed it and told me
it's "...the easiest kind to fix. You just take off the handle and
you'll find two little springs and two rubber washers. You need to
replace the rubber washers."

What do you guys think? Given that I have never repaired any faucet in
any way, am I more likely to be able to fix it or to end up destroying
it and having no shower until I call a plumber?

Jo Ann

First thing is look at the paper work that came with the faucet Not
available--go to the manufacture's web site and look up the manual for the
faucet. At this point you should know whether or not you can handle the
repair. If it's similar to the single lever faucets that are typically used
in the kitchen it should be relatively easy to repair. If you open it up
change all the parts--kits should be available that will have everything
that you'll need. Call the manufacturer and ask for advice. In many cases
they will actually send you a kit (free) that will contain the parts you'll
need.
MLD