Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul Herber Paul Herber is offline

Default B&Q Wind turbines

On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 14:21:22 +0000, Zoinks
wrote:

All,
Wandering around the local shed today I notice that they have started
doing wind turbines for £1500 inc. installation and VAT.

The bumf says the following:

1) The turbine generates (up to) 1kW
2) It will save me (up to) 30% of my electricity bill
3) Planning permission is (probably) not needed - it equates it with a
satellite dish.
4) The UK Government will (probably) stump up 30% of the cost.
5) It will pay for itself in (around) 7-12 years.

Any thoughts?

The thing uses 6W in standby mode. I can't wait for the day a weather
forecaster announces that there will be no appreciable wind over most
of the UK for the next week, so you might as well unplug all your wind
turbines and save us all a few MWh of power.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/
Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/