Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default B&Q Wind turbines

On 2006-11-04 15:41:22 +0000, "dennis@home"
said:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message ...
On 2006-11-04 14:21:22 +0000, Zoinks said:

All,
Wandering around the local shed today I notice that they have started
doing wind turbines for £1500 inc. installation and VAT.

The bumf says the following:

1) The turbine generates (up to) 1kW
2) It will save me (up to) 30% of my electricity bill
3) Planning permission is (probably) not needed - it equates it with a
satellite dish.
4) The UK Government will (probably) stump up 30% of the cost.
5) It will pay for itself in (around) 7-12 years.

Any thoughts?

Z.

Yes. Take a look through the archives for this group and you will
discover that this subject was done to death about 2 weeks ago, with
the conclusion that you would be better off spending the £1500 on
Lottery tickets.

Alternatively you can send it to me via Paypal where I promise that it
will be put to better use than B&Q could make of it. Your return on
investment would be the same in both cases.

Does he need to send you regular cheques for maintenance costs too?

Oh no. BACS would be fine. I hate dealing with paper cheques -
waste of time.

Maintenance business on this kind of product would be a nice earner
because there's no way to tell if it's working or not.