Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default Computer Monitor Problem

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message

So we shouldn't repair anything anymore and clog up the landfills at an
every increasing rate? Sure, it doesn't make sense to pay $100 to repair
a monitor not worth $10. But, if he is able to check solder connections
and restore it in a few minutes?

That's the point of Freecycle -- get some more use out of it before it hits
the dump. I have three Tandy 6000s and a whole bunch of hard drives in my
garage - I'll try to redistribute them to collectors.

If the OP has the skills by all means fix it. I just bought a new toaster --
for $8 -- but I plan to open my old one and see what's failed in it. Still,
there simply are no parts for these any more.