Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default B&Q Wind turbines

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 14:21:22 UTC, Zoinks
wrote:

Wandering around the local shed today I notice that they have started
doing wind turbines for £1500 inc. installation and VAT.

You're quite a few days behind us...

1) The turbine generates (up to) 1kW

Economy with the truth, unless you live on an exposed hill/island it
will be a fraction of that.

2) It will save me (up to) 30% of my electricity bill

Do the arithmetic.

3) Planning permission is (probably) not needed - it equates it with a
satellite dish.

But it might shake the house a bit.

4) The UK Government will (probably) stump up 30% of the cost.

I'd like to see that in writing.

5) It will pay for itself in (around) 7-12 years.

I think it has a projected life of 10 years.