Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jason Jason is offline

Default repair caterpillar shoes

"heavytull" wrote in message
ups.com...

Jason wrote:
"heavytull" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have bought a brand new pair of shoes from caterpillar, but one of
the shoes has been badly made. The upper leather side has been badly
sewn to the sole at a part, so after some time the seams started to
leave the sole at that part so as there is a growing hole between the
upper leather side and the sole of the shoe. What I would like to do
now is to stick it back by means of the appropriate glue type. But I
don't know anything about glues and shoe mending. If someone knows the
name I could buy it in a specific shop for glues around.

From what I remember, Caterpiller (or "Cat") clothing and accessories
were
manufactured to extremely poor quality and design when it was first
popular
over ten years ago.

didn't know that

It was around 1997, and I think Next were selling the stuff. My partner
bought shoes and daybags and hats, thinking they were going to be robust
(with a name like Caterpiller..). The day bag broke in five different places
on my first outing - the straps slipped, so needed safety pins to hold them,
the plastic label on the front cracked (and was far to thick and heavy
anyway, just adding to the weight of the bag), the flimsy plastic bits on
the straps snapped, the stitching came undone around the base, etc. That was
the first outing. Other products met a similar fate very quickly. Took me a
while to pursuade her to stop buying that crap. The problem was, it *looked*
good in the catalogue. It was the genuine thing, and perhaps some fakes
would have been better made.

It was a big name, plastered on shody tat. I'd never go
near that stuff again.

-- JJ