Posted to uk.d-i-y
heavytull heavytull is offline

Default repair caterpillar shoes

Codswallop wrote:
"heavytull" wrote:
I have bought a brand new pair of shoes from caterpillar, but one of
the shoes has been badly made. The upper leather side has been badly
sewn to the sole at a part, so after some time the seams started to
leave the sole at that part so as there is a growing hole between the
upper leather side and the sole of the shoe. What I would like to do
now is to stick it back by means of the appropriate glue type. But I
don't know anything about glues and shoe mending. If someone knows the
name I could buy it in a specific shop for glues around.

thanks

I wonder whether gluing something that was stitched originally will last
long,

me too
especially
if there is flexing and contact with water.

yes there is
Shoe repairers
use contact adhesives such as Evostik, and clamp for 24 hours if necessary.
Might be worth asking the advice of a shoe repair shop as to whether gluing
will work or whether stitching is possible or necessary.