Posted to rec.woodworking
Charley Charley is offline

Default Wixey Digital Angle Gauge

I've also realized that I can use it to get more accurate cuts on my RAS, my
drill presses, my miter saw, and probably a host of other places that I
haven't thought of yet. I like it's ability to quickly calibrate one surface
to another (saw table - saw blade) which is what it was designed for, but it
also quickly compares two or more surfaces that aren't intended to be level
when you want the angles of these surfaces to be equal to each other. In
these cases it's easy to place the Wixey on one surface and zero it, then
put it on the other surface where it will accurately show any angle
difference between them. A bubble level is always displaying level with a
reference to earth gravity and it's difficult to use it to compare pieces
that are not intended to be level with any accuracy.

--
Charley

"Charley" wrote in message
I bought one and I'm very satisfied with it. It's very easy to use and

it's
nice to be able to get repeatable blade angle settings to 0.01 degrees

when
you need to make perfectly fitting parts. I've been able to easily
re-calibrate all of the angle stops on my tools with it to a better

accuracy
than they ever were before. Barry Wixey has a website and sells direct as
well as through Woodcraft.

--
Charley

"Tom" wrote in message
m...
Do any of you have an opinion of this device? It's a magnetic device

that
sticks to the table saw blade or other shop tools. I see where Woodcraft

has
it for 39.99. I was wondering how accurate it really is. I've been using

my
plastic Gauge-It device.
Thanks for your opinions.