Posted to alt.home.repair
Proctologically Violated©® Proctologically Violated©® is offline

Default dehumidifier recommendation

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
.. .
"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote
in message ...
I thought dehumidifiers were inherently designed *not* to ice up!
Otherwise, you'd be just as well off w/ a window A/C brought inside the
room!
Which I've tried, but guess what, it iced up in the cooler weather!
--
------
Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
.. .
I will strongly recommend that you start with the use you need it
for. Basement or other locations that may be cool need a model designed
for those locations. Many people (including myself before I found out)
assume that a dehumidifier will work in any normal location like a
basement which is of course a very common place for them. The problem
is they will ice up. There are some models designed for those
locations, if you have such a location be sure to buy one designed for
it.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

No they are not. Nor would most window A/C's be of much use as most
current models are designed to evaporate the condensation one the warm
condensing coils gaining efficiency and reducing or eliminating the
dripping from them.

Good idea, have seen it in the Amana portable A/C, but even tho condensed
water is pretty pure, over time I would expect crud/rust on the coils.
Yeah, sposedly it's all copper/alum, but I've seen real rusty condenser
fins--mebbe rust carried up from the frame/casing?
------
Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
all d'numbuhs

For example I just checked Home Depot and they had two listed. The
first and most expensive indicated an operating temp range of 40 degree
and higher. The cheaper model indicated it was suitable for "living
areas" with no mention of operating temperatures. Guess which one is
going to freeze up?

--
Joseph E. Meehan