Posted to uk.d-i-y
VisionSet VisionSet is offline

Default Rads don't need balancing...

I've got 22 between boiler and upstairs and downstairs and upper and lower
circuits T'd off in 15. With such a system and my new combi it seems there
is little need to balance. I've turned the pump speed down to it's minimum
and most the rads are open full bore. I've just tweaked a little for one
double rad that was a little reluctant. I will check the temp drops soon
but they are all good and hot. In fact something not mentioned elsewhere
that I've seen is that restriction unless really needed with a system that
has no problem getting the water round just seems to result in a bloody
whistling racket. I've not put the TVR's back on yet. No doubt I'll get a
bloddy whistling racket back then anyway :-(

--
Mike W