Posted to uk.d-i-y
dave northern lights dave northern lights is offline

Default Compression Fittings

Many of the Chinese compression fittings don't comply to the the
specific metal content requirements of the standards. Lead content
being a critical element. Importers such as distributors don't have
the equipement to undertake metal analysis hence rely on the Chinese
manufacturers to make the product to standard!

The UK brands Conex and Yorkshire I know analyse and control the metal
contents of their compression fittings on every batch.

Lastly DZR (dezincification resistant) fittings are required for some
ares of the country since the zinc can be leached out by the poor water
quality. This can rot the fitting in a few years.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Pays to shop around innit?

Yehbut were they all the same quality?

--
*Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.