Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default dehumidifier recommendation

In article , Bill wrote:
I need to purchase a new dehumidifier.
My old Sears one (at least 18 years old) just died.
I was going to buy a new Sears model, but the reviews (including user
reviews on the Sears website) are very bad. Whirlpools were not too
much better.

I've had a couple of Whirlpool dehumidifiers for five years or so, and never a
problem with either of them. (Bought new)

Don't neglect the possibility of buying used equipment: I also have an Admiral
dehumidifier that I bought *used* at least fifteen years ago (no idea how old
it actually is) and it still works well, although it will need a new fan motor
sometime soon.

--
Regards,