Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default dehumidifier recommendation

I will strongly recommend that you start with the use you need it for.
Basement or other locations that may be cool need a model designed for those
locations. Many people (including myself before I found out) assume that a
dehumidifier will work in any normal location like a basement which is of
course a very common place for them. The problem is they will ice up.
There are some models designed for those locations, if you have such a
location be sure to buy one designed for it.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

"Bill" wrote in message
I need to purchase a new dehumidifier.
My old Sears one (at least 18 years old) just died.
I was going to buy a new Sears model, but the reviews (including user
reviews on the Sears website) are very bad. Whirlpools were not too much
better.
Soleus CFM-40 looks to have good reviews (as per epinions.com), can anyone
verify? One con, the fan runs continuously.
I'm not finding many good reviews (for any brand).
Consumer Reports has not tested dehumidifiers for several years.
Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks