Boris Beizer

Default Looking for reasonable quality 5C collets

"Gunner" wrote in message
On 24 Jan 2004 06:39:35 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

1. Note of caution. When buying cheaper collets (e.g., Lindex and other
Chinese makes) check each collet with a drill, drill blank, or similar --
had to send back a whole bunch that were mislabelled and/or totally
inaccurate -- several years ago -- don't know about now. But good to check
on bargain collets.

2. I once also got some bargain collets that I though were undersized, but
close examination showed that they just had a burr that hadn't been removed.
A manual swipe with a countersink did the trick.

Boris

--

Boris Beizer Ph.D. Seminars and Consulting

TEL: 215-572-5580
FAX: 215-886-0144
Email