Gunner

Default Looking for reasonable quality 5C collets

On 24 Jan 2004 06:39:35 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Poor heat treating and poor material will cause them to snap off a
finger with some regularity.

Interesting. I've never seen that happpen - but then I've
populated my collet drawers with old, and semi-new hardinge
stuff. I forget what sobel sells them for, but one is allowed
to dig though and pick out the nicer ones, which might be
a little more expensive.

Jim

Which reminds me..anyone heard of the CWC brand of collets? Ive a
few. They all seem to be accurate but older.
I was told they were made in California years ago.

A quick google search found another similar question with their
collets being marked Allison and CWC

Gunner

" ..The world has gone crazy. Guess I'm showing my age...
I think it dates from when we started looking at virtues
as funny. It's embarrassing to speak of honor, integrity,
bravery, patriotism, 'doing the right thing', charity,
fairness. You have Seinfeld making cowardice an acceptable
choice; our politicians changing positions of honor with
every poll; we laugh at servicemen and patriotic fervor; we
accept corruption in our police and bias in our judges; we
kill our children, and wonder why they have no respect for
Life. We deny children their childhood and innocence- and
then we denigrate being a Man, as opposed to a 'person'. We
*assume* that anyone with a weapon will use it against his
fellowman- if only he has the chance. Nah; in our agitation
to keep the State out of the church business, we've
destroyed our value system and replaced it with *nothing*.
Turns my stomach- " Chas , rec.knives