Gunner

Default OT- VOTERS` VIEWS ON FIREARM OWNERS` RIGHTS AND HUNTING

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:19:52 GMT, "wmbjk" wrote:

Wayne wrote:

Over population of wildlife?
I have many deer come eat my plants, walk out in traffic and poop in
my yard. Each day I have 10 to 20 Wild Turkey in my front yard
eating what little grass is poking through the snow. But the deer
are not the ones removing the wooded areas and paving the world. I
have no problem with hunting but to claim "over population" of
wildlife? I worry a whole lot more of the drunk driving into may car
than a deer.
Now I know I should not have bit on this one but I did.

Even better - many hunters talk about how their hobby *increases* the
animal population. I just tell them to hunt in town since that's where
the real game shortage seems to be. ;-)

Wayne (the other one)

How much have you contributed to Pittman-Robertson and other wildlive
(not just game)
management funds this year?

http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/...21025011.shtml
http://www.qc.ec.gc.ca/faune/sauvagi...m_2-2-99e.html
http://www.sfu.ca/~mauser/papers/hun...cence-rept.pdf

Hunters pay millions of dollars in license and tag fees that pay for
wildlife management.
Hunters have sponsored legislation that has created conservation
stamps and funds to protect and enhance wildlife habitat.
Through organizations such as Whitetails Unlimited, Pheasants Forever,
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, National Wild Turkey Federation, Quail
Unlimited, the Mule Deer Foundation, Ducks Unlimited and other
conservation groups, hunters have raised millions of dollars and
contributed thousands of hours to benefit wildlife.

Hunters
Do you know that you have contributed over $5,5 BILLION for
conservation in less than 60 years?

That you annually pay over $372 MILLION a year for conservation?

That you do more to aid wildlife than any other group in America?

Many people would support hunting more if they knew who was picking up
the bills for conservation - hunters.

(gunners note: these figures are only those from Pittman Robertson
and other taxes and fees, there are many other more direct
expenditures such as hunting licenses etc etc)

Then if you so care to do so..we can discuss Dingle/Johnson wildlife
management funding...

On over population..you might read this..plenty of other information
available on the net.

http://eces.org/articles/000491.php
" ..The world has gone crazy. Guess I'm showing my age...
I think it dates from when we started looking at virtues
as funny. It's embarrassing to speak of honor, integrity,
bravery, patriotism, 'doing the right thing', charity,
fairness. You have Seinfeld making cowardice an acceptable
choice; our politicians changing positions of honor with
every poll; we laugh at servicemen and patriotic fervor; we
accept corruption in our police and bias in our judges; we
kill our children, and wonder why they have no respect for
Life. We deny children their childhood and innocence- and
then we denigrate being a Man, as opposed to a 'person'. We
*assume* that anyone with a weapon will use it against his
fellowman- if only he has the chance. Nah; in our agitation
to keep the State out of the church business, we've
destroyed our value system and replaced it with *nothing*.
Turns my stomach- " Chas , rec.knives