Posted to alt.home.repair
aspasia aspasia is offline

Default Home Crappo Reviewed

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 15:21:55 -0500, mm
wrote:

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 02:36:45 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"

Date: 6/2/06 Rated by: limbojim "Had to phone order in; on hold
for almost half an hour. Asked about delivery time, was assured I'd
have it within 5 biz days. Got it in 7, too late for Memorial Day.
Called to get return authorization; on hold for more than an HOUR. Not
impressed with Home Depot Direct!"

So Memorial day was less than 7 days away and they told him within 5
days. With any store, he should not have relied on that. He must be
young.

I have just about given up making contact via telephone. Your
experience on hold for one hour is not unusual; in fact, much of the
time, the system hangs up on the caller.

If it's something REALLY serious/maddening, I go to Yahoo Finance and
get the name, address, phone and fax of the President or CEO, and
send them a polite but firm letter explaining the misdeeds of their
company and specifying what I want for compensation.

The Pres/CEO bucks my letter to somebody in the company who
Gets Things Done. I suspect they are so shocked at receiving a
literate and clear communication, that they hasten to respond.
Also, typically the head of a company knows that he is in business
to make money, and values each customer more than a minimum-wage
phone answerer.

I just don't have time in my life any more to sit on the phone after
pushing 'n" buttons, waiting to interact with an Epsilon Minus.

If it's something less serious/maddening, I fax or email or write
to the local office of the company.

Either way, it saves time and nerves and gets better results than
sitting on hold forever..

Also I tend to agree with previous poster not to count on
promised delivery.