Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Grain sack sewing needle?

On 1 Nov 2006 05:19:53 -0800, "Sheldon" wrote:

Harry K wrote:
Anyone know of a source? I tried Google and found lots of references
but no sources. Did find one set on Ebay.

Unless you're seeking a particular machine needle to fit a particular
grain sack sewing machine any large sewing needle will work for sewing
heavy fabric by hand.

Are you talking about just a needle (hand or machine?) that will
sew through sacking? If so, a plain old denim needle will work
fine. If you're talking about something that will handle
that almost twine-sized thread they sew the sacks shut with,
then for hand-stitching I'd look for a sewing awl.
(like this: http://www.speedystitcher.com/products.html)

If it's for machine work, you probably want a size 18/110
ball-point needle.