Posted to alt.home.repair
RayV RayV is offline

Default zoned hot water system problem

wrote:

Ray, Did you check to make sure that the top nut of the check valve
was closed tight? Most times people forget to tighten this nut. If
not tight, it will allow for the hot water to enter into the other zone
causing ghost heating.

Paul

Yes. After I replaced the pump I fully opened (bypassed) the
flo-control valves and ran all of the circulator pumps to hopefully
flush any dirt from the seats and get the air moving. Then I closed
all of the flo-control valves. They were all closed when I got there
and hadn't been touched in years if ever.