Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Home Crappo Reviewed

Tim Fischer wrote:
And this surprises you? When's the last time that you were so satisfied
with any big box store that you ran home and wrote up a glowing review?

People only take the time to do this stuff when they have an axe to grind.
If the store sucked, they wouldn't be so successful.

-Tim

IMHO it *does* suck... although I've never been ripped off by them, they
don't seem to stock anything actually useful. I'm not sure what people
buy there that they seem to keep making a profit, but anything I would
need I usually end up randomly wandering the aisles for a while, asking
an employee, and then going home and buying off eBay. In the last
couple weeks alone, I've been denied a handful of Siemens circuit
breakers and some Madison hangers by the Home Despot, which don't seem
like odd or obscure items to me.

Sadly, the one thing they *do* seem to be good at is driving the small,
good independent hardware stores out of business.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel