Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill buffalobill is offline

Default Another TV antenna question

maybe ask the local electrical inspector for his localized tips.
grounding is common, but it may be that the soil of the pole is
providing a ground, subject to climate, soil type, and local codes.
lightning info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_arrestor

Kurt Gavin wrote:
I've got a standard aluminum TV antenna, mounted about 10 ft from the house
and 7 ft off the ground (it works fine that way).

It's definitely not the highest thing around. Do I need to worry about
grounding the thing?

I can easily mount the antenna on a wooden fence post instead of a metal
post, and therefore cut down on metal exposure - if that would help any.

The problem is, the cable inputs are about 70 feet from the power system
ground, so it's going be a hassle and some cost in doing the job right.

I was hoping to give it its own ground rod and call it good, but I guess
you're supposed to then wire that rod to the power system rod, so I'm back
to stringing expensive thick wire all around my patio, etc.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks