Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.physics,uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] What are the characteristics of 13 amp mains flex?

In article ,
Owain wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Examples : a/ Weller bench mounted
soldering iron - lasts about a year before cable needing replacing.

Hmm. My oldest Antex must be something like 15 years old.

My Antex must be over 20 years old and still on its first flex, been
used for everything from soldering to pyrography to, erm, well quite a
lot of things.

Indeed - but of course not all Antex irons use silicone flex.

IIRC the stand had to get glued back together where it got dropped and
the coily wire would no longer stay in.

Mine is screwed to the bench. ;-)

Owain

--
*If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.