Posted to alt.home.repair
Stu Stu is offline

Default Home Crappo Reviewed

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
Well, there you go:
CheckMate.
HD wins.
We all lose.

Its no diffent in the UK and I totally in agree in the better service
given by most of the walk in stores. We also have stores like HD online
that can provide less costly items and a much better range. Although
you will always hear of horror stories there are also a lot of good
stores. e have one called Screwfix that sell 1000's of products and
actually have a better level of service than most of the local stores.
As an ex chippy I still have a trade account and recently had the wrong
screws sent for a job. After ringing and moaning they sent me
replacements free of charge.
We live in the age of ever bigger stores and I think unless in a remote
area the smaller shops are doomed to a degree. I did however read a
report which showed the deliveries made by a large supermarket chain
would have saved over 500 gallons of fuel in a single area, due to the
reduction of drivers going to the store. Maybe sometimes we have to
look at the benefits, especially as we will be swimming in a few years
if all that we read is true.

Stu
http://cateringappliancesltd.co.uk