Posted to alt.home.repair
Proctologically Violated©® Proctologically Violated©® is offline

Default Home Crappo Reviewed

Well, there you go:
CheckMate.
HD wins.
We all lose.
Absolutely Vote, for *Anyone BUT* a Democrat or a Republican
Ending Corruption in Congress is the Single Best Way
to Materially Improve Your Life
all d'numbuhs
"Tim Fischer" wrote in message
. ..
"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote
in message ...
At my local hardware store, I make a special arrangement. I keep money
on account at all times (cupla hundred bucks), and in exchange I get a
discount so that prices are close or below HD, no tax, 2-block away
convenience, free delivery if nec, and the dignity of dealing w/ people
who actually know my effing name.

See, that's the difference. The rest of us don't want to make special
arrangements to get a price. They don't want to price-match. They want
to walk into the store, be reasonably sure the product they want will be
there, and get it for a good price. No haggle, no accounts, no fuss, no
muss.

Your 'local' is 2 blocks away. Mine is probably 10-15 miles.

No tax? Are they breaking the law, or are you a reseller? I'm not, I'm
just Joe Homeowner.

HD should be used ONLY for price checking, quick assessment of "what's
out there". No actual purchases should be made at HD except
late-nite/sunday/holiday/emergency purchases.

Where do you suggest I go? We have a couple of True Values nearby, but
their prices are much higher than HD, and they don't carry lumber. I have
a Lowes and a HD within a mile. Anywhere else, I'd be driving 10-15 miles
every time I needed something. And typically paying more.

I'm not knocking the local guy -- I hate to see them get run out. But I
don't have unlimited funds and need to budget somewhere (and can't take a
huge trip every time I need something).

-Tim