Posted to alt.home.repair
Proctologically Violated©® Proctologically Violated©® is offline

Default Home Crappo Reviewed

It is the *rare case* when I can't *substantially* beat or at the very least
match HDs prices. Rare.
Some exceptions are lumber, in particular plywood, because the **** that HD
carries, no self-respecting lumber yard will carry. So you pay a little more
for decent stuff.
And the ease of dealing w/ your local lumber building supply often makes any
extra cost WELL worth it, ito time, hassle, vein-throbbing frustration.
Another is their $7.98 shop lite (4 ft T-8s). But, I get the bulbs 50%
cheaper locally.
Often, I get the lumber/insulation/etc as cheap or cheaper, *w/ free truck
delivery*. No lines, no bull****, and a hand unloading the stuff.

At my local hardware store, I make a special arrangement. I keep money on
account at all times (cupla hundred bucks), and in exchange I get a discount
so that prices are close or below HD, no tax, 2-block away convenience, free
delivery if nec, and the dignity of dealing w/ people who actually know my
effing name.

HD should be used ONLY for price checking, quick assessment of "what's out
there". No actual purchases should be made at HD except
late-nite/sunday/holiday/emergency purchases.
We've sold our asses, for a few goddamm pennies--and not even that, in the
long run.
**** HD.
Absolutely Vote, for *Anyone BUT* a Democrat or a Republican
Ending Corruption in Congress is the Single Best Way
to Materially Improve Your Life
all d'numbuhs
"Tim Fischer" wrote in message
. ..
"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote
in message ...
The sit-down table was yer old local hardware store. Which no longer
exists.

You paint the picture wrong -- HD is almost always cheaper than "the local
store". That's why they are around, and the local stores have dried up.
What they don't have, typically, is the same level of personal service, as
you pointed out.

-Tim