Martin H. Eastburn

Default WTF??? Or, adventures in resurrecting an old mill

Hey - I resemble that!

As a mere mortal, I have been noticing the effect for some years.
One common path way is via the cuff of the pants of the person who lost the
small item.

Through slight of hand and animal cunning, cuffs were taken away for a time
and only in fine suits...

But alas, the sneaky things are finding other ways!

Martin

Greg Dermer wrote:

As physicists now know, there is some nonzero probability that any object
will, through quantum effects, tunnel from the workbench in your shop to
Floyds Knobs, Indiana (unless your shop is already in Indiana, in which case
the object will tunnel to Trotters, North Dakota). The smaller mass of the
object, the higher the probability. Therefore, disassembled parts,
particularly small ones, of machines disappear much faster than assembled
machines.

;-)

-- Greg

http://www.depmco.com

"John" wrote in message

jim rozen wrote:

In article , Bob Engelhardt says...

How could that be? It was fitted together before I stripped it.

You kept them apart for too long. All mechanics know that
if you keep stuff disassembled long enough, a) the holes
don't line up any more, and b) the threads all change.

Don't forget c) parts disappear HTH
--
SATOR AREPO TENET OPERA ROTAS
Have 5 nice days! John