Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.physics,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default [OT] What are the characteristics of 13 amp mains flex?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Andrew Mawson wrote

I have found that the silicone rubber modern
ones tend to split rather easily if frequently flexed.
Examples : a/ Weller bench mounted soldering iron
- lasts about a year before cable needing replacing.

Hmm. My oldest Antex must be something like 15 years old.
I do have several and swop them to the PS rather than change
bits, but of course one gets the most use and I've not had any
problems. Is your Weller in heavy use?

My Wellers are much older than that and havent split.