Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plumbing Code - Can I tie my bathroom exaust fan into the main plumbing vent to the outside.

johnnymo wrote:
Hello - I bought an older house and I am renovating and making my half
bath a full bath. I wanted to install an exhaust fan in the bathroom,
but it is not very convienent to send it to the side of the house and I
don't won't to bother cutting a hole in the roof. So, I was wondering,
since the main air vent to both bathrooms is directly above my new
bathroom, can I have piece of PVC installed so that my exhaust vent
blows into the air vent? Is this code worthy?

Thanks for the suggestions...

John

No. It won't pass code and for good reason. Do you want sewer gas
coming into your bathroom?