Posted to uk.d-i-y
marcusb3495 marcusb3495 is offline

Default Potterson boiler keeps cutting out after a few minutes

you have proberly got it sorted by now

its not really a diy job----expect to to pay 100 to 150

your not paying sometimes for the enginners time you are paying for
what he knows--i unblocked 1 in 10 mins last week but another took 2
hours
if you took a pic i could tell u
good luck

wrote:
Go into the loft and give the float valve some exercise. Chances are that
it has stuck in the shut position and the water has evaporated away.

Hopefully this is the problem then you come down and bleed the air out of
the radiators and hopefully all should be well when you turn on.
Later bleed the air out again when the hating is off.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk

I have checked the float valve and it seems fine the tank is full of
water. I have tried bleeding all the radiators but the upstairs ones
do not seem to have any water in them.