Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default wiring built-in microwave

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am planning to renovate the kitchen. Currently there is a tall
housing containing a single oven. I am planning to replace it with a
housing containing a single oven and a microwave (just a plain
microwave, not a combination one). The existing single oven is supplied
from a cooker supply point, which also powers the hob.

To avoid running an extra cable from the cooker supply point to the
oven housing to supply the microwave, is it permissible in principle to
wire the existing supply cable into the terminals of the single oven,
and then wire the supply lead of the microwave into those terminals
too?

The microwave (or, more accurately, the lead to the microwave) will not be
protected by a fuse or MCB of the proper rating if you do that. You could,
however, run the existing cable to a cooker outlet point inside the housing
and run a fused spur off that to feed the microwave.

Colin Bignell