Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Rain Gutter for Gazebo?

On 30 Oct 2006 13:20:31 -0800, wrote:

I built a 8-sided screened gazebo attached to my low deck. It sits on
a yard with a fairly steep slope. When it rains, the water runs off
the roof and is causing erosion and a small gully down the sloping
lawn. I've thought about putting a border of small shrubs/flowers with
mulch around the base to absorb the water or a border with gravel, but
I'm concerned that the mulch or stones will just wash away as well.

I've considered a rain gutter to channel the water down the back side.
But I can't seem to find gutter parts that have 22-degree corners and
something "low profile" that doesn't cover the decorative ends of the
rafters. Standard gutters look too big and seem like overkill for the
need.

Bend 2" EMT into whatever shape you want, and then split it
lengthwise.