Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default Rain Gutter for Gazebo?

I built a 8-sided screened gazebo attached to my low deck. It sits on
a yard with a fairly steep slope. When it rains, the water runs off
the roof and is causing erosion and a small gully down the sloping
lawn. I've thought about putting a border of small shrubs/flowers with
mulch around the base to absorb the water or a border with gravel, but
I'm concerned that the mulch or stones will just wash away as well.

I've considered a rain gutter to channel the water down the back side.
But I can't seem to find gutter parts that have 22-degree corners and
something "low profile" that doesn't cover the decorative ends of the
rafters. Standard gutters look too big and seem like overkill for the
need.

Any ideas?? Thanks!!

--Jeff

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

I would go with the rocks/plants option. Unless you have a huge gazebo, the
run-off from any one section shouldn't be very much. Also gutters and
downspouts will look out of place on your gazebo.

ps.com...