Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] kmy@hiwaay.net is offline

Default Cost of replacing LCD screens

wrote:
: Hi, I am getting a few LCD TVs 32" and higher various brands with most
: of these having broken screens. I dont have experience fixing LCD
: monitors/TV so am going to attempt this. I have some experience with
: fixing other devices and electrical circuits. My question, how much
: does the LCD screen costs on average for 32" and higher TVs.

: Assuming all other boards are ok and only broken screen, is it worth
: fixing these to resell ? Are service manual available for these ? and
: is replacing LCD screen simple procedure of just removing the old one
: with a new/used one and only connecting a few cables to the new screen
: ?

The lcd screen is 80 to 90% of the cost, so unless you find a really cheap
source, you will probably loose on this deal.

: thanks.