Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default Flourescent ballast

"ian field" wrote in message

Morrisons supermarket (UK) has been selling it's own brand CFLs for £1.99p
and a couple of months ago launched a promotion selling Philips CFLs
(regular price about £3.50p) at 99p in addition to that they ran a buy one
get one free for a while - so the CFLs were going out the door for only
50p each! - I bought a couple of carrier bags full at that price, at that
price there's no way I'm going to bother repairing any that fail and the
cost of petrol to go and return it would be more than the value of the
goods!

Yeah. I've found good US ones for 99 cents on super sale - nice phosphor.