Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] srp@lycos.co.uk is offline

Default hmm still dwelling on door seal issue

Hi further to my last post, I'm still a little perplexed by the seal on
my new upvc doors. The outside one just does not compress at all.. now
could this be a design feature so that as the internal one beds in the
external one starts to take up the slack ? They dont seem to be letting
in any draughts but the external seal has a clear gap ( fraction of a
mm ) when I shine a torch at it. Can someone else go and have a look at
their doors to see if they are the same ? Have I just got doors with
rubbish seals on them ? maybe I'll give the installers a bell and ask
them if it's normal oo er.. worried now !