Posted to uk.d-i-y
Staffbull Staffbull is offline

Default Cavity wall insulation

David Hansen wrote:
On 26 Oct 2006 09:22:58 -0700 someone who may be "Staffbull"
wrote this:-

Phoned them today, grant forms in the post, I can get £2000's worth
done for nowt as I'm unemployed at the mo, make hay while the sun
shines and all that !!!

Get the loft done as well, if it isn't already. Cavity wall and loft
insulation will ISTR reduce heat losses by something like 60%. They
should also do draught proofing. Also insulate heating pipes, hot
water pipes and a badly lagged hot water cylinder.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

the loft's done but only about 100mm so plenty of room for more :-)