Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Taylor Peter Taylor is offline

Default Light bulbs to be taxed

"dennis@home" wrote in message
.uk...

I suggest you learn some basic physics so you can ignore them.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake. I was told that by an electrician back
in the 70's and never felt the need to question it. You could try
enlightening me yourself though, instead of being patronising - how DO you
work out how much energy a fluorescent fitting uses during start up? It
seems to me quite possible, based upon my obviously extremely limited
knowledge in these things, that an incandescent lamp turned on for a brief
look in a cupboard could conceivably use less energy than a fl lamp.

Peter